AFC Basketball includes a variety of options for both the summer and winter seasons. We strive to accommodate kids of all ages and skill levels. Programs are based in Macungie.
Because of the availability of gym space, we advise all parents that games can be played on Sunday afternoons.
Our winter programs start with travel tryouts in October. Practices begin in November, games generally begin in January, and the season wraps up in early March.
- Kinder program: Co-ed program for kindergarten-age kids. These kids learn the basics of basketball in a no-pressure setting. This is a practice-only program, the kids do not play formal games.
- Recreational program: Gender-based program for kids from kindergarten through high school. Practices are normally scheduled for weeknights, and games are normally played on weekends at Bethany Macungie and other area locations.
- Travel program: Gender-based program for kids who are capable of playing at the travel level. Tryouts are required. Teams play home-and-away schedules in various area leagues.
During the spring (March - June), AFC travel teams participate in AAU programs.
Our summer programs include recreational and travel basketball. We start in June and wrap up in early August.
- Recreational program: In 2018 AFC introduced our own summer league, with teams from AFC and other area clubs.
- Travel program: Our teams play in two area summer leagues -- the Sandi Riley League and the Allentown City League.
- Camps: AFC offers a Back 2 Basics girls' basketball day camp during the summer season.