Our AFC United recreational soccer programs are designed to give older children (generally age 8 and older) the opportunity to play soccer in a fun, faith-based environment -- without the commitment that comes with playing the game competitively.
Please note that eligibility for all of our soccer programs is based on a child's birth year, in accordance with US Soccer standards.
Our recreational teams play in formal leagues, against both faith-based and secular opponents. As such, our teams will be expected to play some of their games on Sunday afternoons.
As with all of our programs, our sessions include faith-based activities like prayer time and Bible lessons.
- For 2018/19: Available to players born in 2011 or older
- Available during fall (August - November) and spring (March - June)
- Prior soccer experience is not required.
- During preseason, the team's coach may schedule practice time.
- During the season, expect one or two practices per week, and one or two games on the weekend.
- Travel of up to 60 minutes (one-way) can be expected on gameday.
- Practice schedules are established by the team's coach, in collaboration with the AFC United Soccer Coordinator at the corresponding location.
- Game schedules are established by the leagues in which we play.
- Games can be played on Saturdays or on Sunday afternoons; makeup games can be played on weeknights.